Southland Organics is a manufacturer of turf, ornamental and agricultural products. Our mission is to improve the lives of producers through our innovative products and education.
We are seeking a Sales Account Executive for Golf Courses to be based in Athens, GA. The position will provide education, direction, and mentorship for Golf Course Maintenance Professionals so that they become the champion by growing their business and improve their operations. Improve the lives of turfgrass professionals through products, plans, and education.
Apply using the form at the bottom of this page.
Golf Sales Account Executive
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Learn best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Implement power pitch framework developed by the marketing team.
- Follow the Southland Organics sales framework
- Move prospects through the sales process in a timely manner
Characteristics, Traits and Skills
- Turf Grass and/or Golf knowledge preferred
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- CRM practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Ability to empathize with prospects and customers
- Ability to network through relationship building in related industry
- Shows control of disruptive emotions
- Confidence to guide customers to efficient solutions
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Passionate about helping growers
- Meet or exceed prospecting obligations
- Meet or exceed deal development
- Develop a deep knowledge base to become an industry leader in your area.
- Serve as an authoritative guide and mentor to your target audience.
- Effectively maintain the CRM
- Ensure excellent customer service
- Consistently meet individual activity goals as well as corporate sales goals
- Territory and/or industry-focused
- Actively attend networking events, industry events, etc
- Meet closing dates while moving prospects through the pipeline
What do we offer
- Compensation: Base + Commission. Estimated Year One Compensation: $48,000 - $78,000. Earnings potential is not capped.
Exemption Status: Exempt/Salary