We could go on and on about why you should absolutely support your local farmers. The benefits are endless! We’ve compiled the top reasons, and once you hear them, let’s just say – be careful you don’t get a speeding ticket on your way to your local
Top 7 Health-Related Benefits
1. You know exactly where your food is coming from.
2. You have a direct source: the farmer. So, you can ask him/her any questions
you have, including exactly how the food was grown.
3. You steer clear of foods grown with harmful pesticides, hormones,
antibiotics, and genetic modifications.
4. The food is bright and FULL of flavor.
5. It’s the freshest of the fresh…literally harvested just for locals like you!
6. The yummy fruits and veggies are in-season.
7. The food has higher amounts of nutrients than store-bought food.
Top 2 Non-Health-Related Benefits
1. You’re supporting your local economy by:
o Keeping $ in the community
o Creating more local jobs
2. You’re helping the environment by:
o Decreasing food miles that cause pollution and unnecessary use of
o Reducing unsustainable farming methods that cause water, land, and
Moral of the story: supporting local farmers = supporting your health, the economy,
and the environment. What could be better?
See ya at the farmer’s market! :)
We are proud to serve some of the largest institutions and industry leaders