Support Local Farmers
Your Health, the Environment and the Economy Will Thank You
We could go on and on about why you should support your local farmers. The benefits are endless! We’ve compiled the top reasons, and once you hear them, let’s just say—be careful you don’t get a speeding ticket on your way to your local farmer’s market!
Top 7 Health-Related Benefits
1. You know exactly where your food is coming from.
2. You have a direct source: the farmer. So, you can ask him/her any questions
you have, including exactly how the food was grown.
3. You steer clear of foods grown with harmful pesticides, hormones and
4. The food is bright and FULL of flavor.
5. It’s the freshest of the fresh… harvested for locals like you!
6. The yummy fruits and veggies are in-season.
Top 2 Non-Health-Related Benefits
1. You’re supporting your local economy by:
- Keeping money in the community
- Creating more local jobs
2. You’re helping the environment by:
- Decreasing food miles that cause pollution and unnecessary use of natural resources
- Not supporting unsustainable farming methods that cause water, land and air pollution
Moral of the story: supporting local farmers = supporting your health, the economy and the environment. What could be better?
See ya at the farmer’s market!