The secret to a perfect Thanksgiving is no longer a secret. Watch and listen as Brittany claims to have perfected every approach.
- The first secret is to pace and plan. This is a meal of thanks and love. Get others involved by taking inventory of place settings, linens, chairs, ingredients and drinks. Speaking of linens, a secret there is to steam your linen napkins instead of ironing them.
- Not so secretly, you should pour our heart and soul into every recipe and process. When you prepare a recipe, you should envision the love and joy that it brings. If you shed a tear during the process, it's okay. Just let the love fall into the brine!
- Another secret is to save easy jobs for early birds. Chances are, at least one of your guests will arrive 30 minutes early. Rather than stressing about having everything ready, reserve a few simple tasks that people can help with, such as filling the breadbasket or pouring water.
- Secret number four is to stock up on stain busters. Yes, someone will spill red wine on a white shirt. For that, plus other guaranteed messes, stock cotton cloths, dish soap, white vinegar (for coffee stains) and pretreat sticks.
- The next secret is to emphasize the traditions that make your family Thanksgiving special.
- Our final secret is to involve your children. Children are amazing blessing to be thankful for.
Yeah, tips are cool. Everyone thinks they can Instagram the perfect Thanksgiving, but there is truly one secret to Thanksgiving.
A Thankful Heart
The secret to Thanksgiving is not the meal or the preparation. The secret is not even in the family and loved ones who are present or missing. The secret is something that lies inside of you.
“A grateful heart is full of many blessings”
The real secret to Thanksgiving is...thanks!
1 Thessalonians 5 tells us "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.“
We are THANKful for you.
From our family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving.