What Is Soil Amendment?
Southland Organics' Evan Gill explains the difference between Fertilizer and Soil Amendments.
- Don’t add concentrated nutrients to the soil but actually improve the texture
- Can be both organic or inorganic
- Modify the soil structure
- Rebuild soils which have been damaged by improper management
- Mixed into topsoil to promote healthy plant growth
- Concentrated nutrient amounts added to the soil for a direct plant growth influence
- Does not help soil's texture
- Has a balanced ratio of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium available to plants after application
- Supplies nutrients such as such as proteins and carbohydrates
- Maybe chemically manufactured (synthetic fertilizer) or created from plant and animal products (natural fertilizer)
Also in News
Southland Organics, based in Bogart, Georgia, is included in the University of Georgia Alumni Association’s 2019 Bulldog 100 list of fastest-growing businesses owned or operated by UGA alumni...
We could go on and on about why you should absolutely support your local farmers. The benefits are endless! We’ve compiled...