What Is Soil Amendment?
Southland Organics' Evan Gill explains the difference between Fertilizer and Soil Amendments.
- Don’t add concentrated nutrients to the soil but actually improve the texture
- Can be both organic or inorganic
- Modify the soil structure
- Rebuild soils which have been damaged by improper management
- Mixed into topsoil to promote healthy plant growth
- Concentrated nutrient amounts added to the soil for a direct plant growth influence
- Does not help soil's texture
- Has a balanced ratio of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium available to plants after application
- Supplies nutrients such as such as proteins and carbohydrates
- Maybe chemically manufactured (synthetic fertilizer) or created from plant and animal products (natural fertilizer)