Improves Soil Structure
Jump Start Soil Conditioner restores soils to healthy and fertile conditions. The presence of soil amendments such as humic, fulvic and ulmic acids break up compacted soils. The tremendous benefit is soil that is easier to work or till and it has increased aeration thus allowing the plant roots to grow bigger and stronger.
Increases water holding capacity
Jump Start works hard to rebuild the organic content of your soil. This makes your soil better able to hold moisture, thus reducing the amount of water needed. This along with proper watering techniques (less often but longer) allows the water to go deep into your soil and your lawn's roots will grow deeper to take it in. This also helps resist drought conditions.
Increases Uptake of Soil Nutrients
Jump Start Soil Conditioner is a great soil activator because it is high in humic acid. Humic acid is not a single acid but a complex mixture of many different acids. It is produced by biodegradation of dead organic matter. Humic acids stimulate plant and root growth by increasing the plant's ability to uptake and receive nutrients. Jump Start Soil Conditioner is especially beneficial in freeing up nutrients in the soil so that they are made available to the plant as needed.
Jump Start further functions as a soil activator by stimulating root and plant growth thereby increasing crop yields, seed germination, and overall plant vitality. Plants will also benefit from an increase in nitrogen uptake. This means that fertilizers will be much more effective.
Helps Fight Disease
Jump Start Soil Conditioner helps fight diseases and improves root systems while requiring less fertilizer. University studies show that using humates and organic soil amendments when planting new trees and shrubs will help them adapt to their new environment and provides a much greater first year growth.
Apply to sod, grass, vegetable soil every 60 - 90 days to improve Cation Exchange Capacity and overall soil structure.
Lawns & Sod
- Sprayers should apply at a rate of approximately 1 ounce of product per gallon of water.
- Apply at a rate of 8 ounces of Jump Start Soil Conditioner Concentrate per 1000 square feet.
- For troubled areas a rate of 10 to 12 oz. per 1000 sf. for short periods of time will yeild rapid improvements.
- Water after application for best results.
- Sprayers should apply at a rate of approximately 2 ounces of product per gallon of water.
- Wet the plants down completely letting the soil get damp to at least 6 inches.
Shrubs and Trees:
- Root drench for established shrubs and trees should be applied at a rate of 5 ounces per gallon of water. For best results this should be done at the leaf drip line where the most active root systems are. Water after application for best results.
- For smaller shrubs and young trees a rate of 3 ounces (4 tablespoons) per gallon of water.
- As a foliar spray we recommend 2 ounces per gallon of water. Wet both sides of the foliage.
- Fertilize using your regular program for the first 60 days after you start using Jump Start Soil Conditioner. Slowly reduce the use of fertilizer to 50% of the original dosage.
- Seek to switch to an organic fertilizing program for the health of your plants and the environment.
- Jump Start Soil Conditioner is not a fertilizer but a natural organic soil amendment.